VMware Communities
keathmilligan
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 8 + Windows 10 mouse pointer integration with retina broken

Yet more Windows 10 bugs... Mouse pointer integration is broken with "Use full resolution on Retina displays". In single window mode, the mouse pointer is captured in the VM window (requiring command-ctrl to release). In Unity mode, the Windows cursor is left randomly placed over the Windows app.

2 Replies
cnewman777
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. I first thought it was something I installed, maybe Visual Studio 2015. But after doing a fresh build of Windows 10. I have the problem right away.

pwood310
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. I tried some of the fixes recommended for other versions of windows and Fusion, but to no avail.

Honestly, I moved from Parallels to Fusion without the trial period and I am regretting it. For what it is worth, my old version of Parallels was working fine with the same Boot Camp installation of Windows 10. I had read good things about Fusion being less intrusive when not running and it being faster. Since it was the same price, all discounts considered I figured what the heck!

But it is not usable in this state. I am going to see if I can get a refund, though that is probably just wishful thinking.

I use it for remoting in to work, so I can't wait for a solution and I have no way to tell if a fix is one day away or one year away. I can only a hazard a guess that if it is still not fixed after the issue being known for a while now then there is some tricky problem.

0 Kudos