VMware Communities
Lansky
Contributor
Contributor

No network in Briged mode in any VM

Hello

I've Upgraded to Workstation 12 and since then i'm unable to set Briged mode in any VM.

i (double) checked that connected / connect at startup in the VM "hardware" are marked

tried changing Virtual Network Editor in Bridged mode from Automatic to the physical Ethernet.

did Restore Defaults in Virtual Network Editor

tried setting Static IP inside the VM (including ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew)

tried disabling the FW

tried installing new Linux / Win VM

all FailedSmiley Sad

im able to Ping the Default Gateway, but no other IP in lan/wan (include Google / 8.8.8.8)

in NAT mode everything works well.

what am i doing wrong?

what was changed in Workstation 12 Networking?

10x

5 Replies
Lansky
Contributor
Contributor

Any idea??

maybe i should just -re-install vmware workstation?

0 Kudos
chaithu4u
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

Bridged networking does not work when loopback adapter is installed on host

more details please go though the below link

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=100725...

0 Kudos
Lansky
Contributor
Contributor

thanks but im not sure i understand....

the Howto guide that you attached is talking about changing the adapters in the Virtual Network Editor (which i already did)

what LOOPBACK ADAPTERS do i need to uninstalled or change settings?

i tried re-installing WS12 64bit on my WIN10 and still same issue.

tried setting Custom setting to my bridged vmware adapter (see screenshot), no good.

settings.JPG

notice this weird thing, i tried ICS from the Wireless adapter to the vmware adapter (VMnet1 or VMnet8),

and of course it did not work and i had to un-done the process. but then the vmware adapter just disappear from Network Connections.

after spending a few more hours on this issue im still lost...

0 Kudos
Lansky
Contributor
Contributor

FIXED

finally found a solution!

Zone Alarm FW on my WIN10 host was blocking the VM Bridged mode

simple Add To Zone config did the jobSmiley Wink

thanks or your help

cosmarchy
Contributor
Contributor

Lansky​ Quite a bit late by several years but I am having the same trouble as you had with virtual network editor not allowing bridged connections.

Could you elaborate on your solution please?  I cannot see what you added to what zone.  Was it a network address or an application?

What do I need to add to what in Zone Alarm?

0 Kudos