VMware Cloud Community
AAAAZZZZZ
Contributor
Contributor

error 500 SSO admin service failure

Hi,

i am new to vmware. This is my first installation. I installed esxi 6.0 host on a proliant dl380 g5 successfully. Now i created a virtual machine (Windows 2012 R2 Standard, fully patched) and tried to install the trial of the vCenter Server. The installation was sucessfully. But if i open the vCenter URL in the Browser i get this error:

[500] SSO error: SSO admin service failure.

Maybe someone can help me.

Thanks

Maik

4 Replies
Lost_Steak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had the same problem with this, and there wasn't much on the web to help

It turns out that the certificate that is generated during the install was created with the wrong date. i.e. the start date was 10-11 hours into the future of the install.

If I changed the clock (forward 1 day) on the vCenter server and workstation that I used to connect to the web client it would let me log in. I think it is a problem with time zones, something silly like win 2012 R2 applies the +10 hour offest (for Australia) and then VMware also added the +10 hours offest.

But this resolved it for me.

mikemayors
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Tom,

When you say the certificate was "Created with the wrong date" are you referring to the certificate's "Not Valid Before" date?  Just wondering if you had waited a few days if this would have resolved itself.  (Trying to determine if I'm seeing the same problem as you had)

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Lost_Steak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Mikemayors,

Yes if I had waited a day, the problem probably would have resolved itself.

0 Kudos