VMware Cloud Community
Lawton_Group
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to access any IIS related program after esxi 6.0 randomly rebooted itself.

Hello, looking for some help. So my esxi 6.0 server (just upgraded from 5.5 about a week ago) just randomly rebooted. I checked the log and for some reason it felt the need to change all my firewall settings. I changed them back of what I could tell but for some reason both my Veeam Monitor server and my sharepoint server no longer communicate through the corresponding applications. Even locally I am unable to bring up veeam monitor or sharepoint sites. I get "login failed for user nt authority system" over and over in the event logs on both servers and neither can communicate with the mssql portion either. Has anyone seen this issue? It must be a setting on the esxi server right? Can anyone provide things to try, settings to look at. I tried enabling all ports on the firewall within vsphere but no luck. Thanks for your help.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lawton_Group
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Not sure how esxi 6.0 effected windows NT auth error, but I did a restore to both my servers on the OS side and it resolved my issue. So the reboot must of corrupted something on windows since they did not get shut down correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Lawton_Group
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Not sure how esxi 6.0 effected windows NT auth error, but I did a restore to both my servers on the OS side and it resolved my issue. So the reboot must of corrupted something on windows since they did not get shut down correctly.

0 Kudos