VMware Communities
rschmid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Apple Mouse strange behaviour in ESXi VM (Windows Server 2008R2) / ESXi host is a nested host in Fusion 8 Pro

Hello,

my Apple Mouse shows a strange behaviour when I start my VM and click into it.

Its a ESXi host nested in a VM in Fusion 8 Pro.

Can anyone explain it to me?

Kind regards,

Roland

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

There have always been issues when using nested desktops, and that's simply a result of the way that the mouse fundamentally behaves and how that position gets interpolated differently with nested VMRC windows.

I would just connect to the console of the VM (via vCenter) directly from the Mac, not from the guest. 

(the 192.168.178.42 would be accessible from the Mac, and the VMRC plugin works just fine).

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rschmid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

am I the only one who has that mentioned issues with the mouse pointer?

I cannot click nothing in the w2k8 server desktop. My mouse pointer is moving but when I click nothing happens.

Tried to install VMware Tools on the w2k8 machine but I cannot click "execute".

Some who can help me or give advice? Thank you.

Kind regards,

Roland

Bildschirmfoto 2015-10-01 um 18.19.57.png

0 Kudos
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

There have always been issues when using nested desktops, and that's simply a result of the way that the mouse fundamentally behaves and how that position gets interpolated differently with nested VMRC windows.

I would just connect to the console of the VM (via vCenter) directly from the Mac, not from the guest. 

(the 192.168.178.42 would be accessible from the Mac, and the VMRC plugin works just fine).

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
rschmid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thank you for reply. Your answer was very helpful thanks again.

But the VMRC plugin does work. When click "start remote console" in vCenter Server on my VM (w2k8) opens the browser and the mouse pointer hangs.

Without the VMRC plugin clicking on "start remote console" it open my VM in Fusion and mouse pointer and all is working very well.

Can you explain it to me?

Kind regards,

Roland

Bildschirmfoto 2015-10-03 um 15.02.43.png

Bildschirmfoto 2015-10-03 um 14.54.44.png

Bildschirmfoto 2015-10-03 um 15.06.07.png

0 Kudos