VMware Cloud Community
jmedd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unable to Create vRA Business Groups with the Same Name in Different Tenants with vRO

vRA Build 6.2.2-2754020

vRO 6.0.1

Via the vRA GUI I can create Business Groups with the same names in different Tenants as follows:

Tenant1: BusGroup1, BusGroup2, BusGroup3

Tenant2: BusGroup1, BusGroup2, BusGroup3

However, creating the Business Groups with the same names in different Tenants via the vRO plugin, specifically the workflow Library / vCloud Automation Center / Administration / Business Groups / Create a Business Group, fails in the second tenant with the below error:

[42106] The specified condition was not met for 'Name'. (Dynamic Script Module name : createBusinessGroup#12)

If I change the naming convention to be different per tenant then I have no issue. I thought it might be a restriction in the product, but as mentioned I was able to create them with the original same names via the GUI.

Anyone else experience the same thing?

Blog: http://jonathanmedd.net | Twitter: @jonathanmedd
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sanchezs
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That's a known issue inside the IaaS API that the vRO plug-in uses to manage business groups through those business groups workflows. You don't have the same problem from the vRA UI because the UI (as per 6.x) doesn't use the same IaaS API to manage business groups.

The only alternative in 6.x for now is to use directly the generic entity manager helper from the plug-in itself. You can take a look at the first example from CRUD Infrastructure Administration Tasks Example Scripts‌.

I hope it helps.

Sergio

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sanchezs
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That's a known issue inside the IaaS API that the vRO plug-in uses to manage business groups through those business groups workflows. You don't have the same problem from the vRA UI because the UI (as per 6.x) doesn't use the same IaaS API to manage business groups.

The only alternative in 6.x for now is to use directly the generic entity manager helper from the plug-in itself. You can take a look at the first example from CRUD Infrastructure Administration Tasks Example Scripts‌.

I hope it helps.

Sergio

0 Kudos
jmedd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

OK, thanks for confirming that it is a known issue Smiley Happy

Blog: http://jonathanmedd.net | Twitter: @jonathanmedd
0 Kudos