VMware Edu & Cert Community
Ezequiell
Contributor
Contributor

Just Passed VCP550 Onto VCIX6-DCV? How?

I just passed my VCP550 Exam. Now I'm in a pickle, because I want to pursue advanced certifications, but I don't want to do VCP 5.5, instead, I much rather pursue the VCIX6-DCV exam, however, VMWare is still not clear on how to get from a professional 5.5 certification to an advanced 6.0 certification.

Is anyone in the same situation?

I really don't want to take VCP6 to move on to the advanced VCP6 having taken VCP550 les than a week ago...

Thanks

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

So you're now a VCP5-DCV holder - there is no such thing as a "VCP 5.5".

You will need to pass 2 exams for VCIX6-DCV - have a look here for what we know so far: Migration Paths from v5 Certification to v6 - VMware Education and Certification Blog - VMware Blogs

The exams for VCIX6-DCV are not yet available, but you could use the existing blueprints for the VCAP5-DCA and VCAP5-DCD exams to get started with your preparations.

Have a look here for links to all the relevant certification pages: VMware Certification

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Squash
Contributor
Contributor

On the blog Migration Paths from v5 Certification to v6 - VMware Education and Certification Blog - VMware Blogs it is not specified if VCP5 cert qualifies you for VCIX6 Design and Admin exams and I doubt if it would. So I think the fastest path from VCP5 to VCIX6-DCV would be to pass either VCAP5-DCA or DCD and sit for the VCIX6 equivalent of the one you didn't write when it's out. Since "If you hold either a VCAP Administration or Design certification, you will be given credit towards the corresponding VCIX6 requirement for that track, so you only need to take the other VCIX6 exam (the one that you have not earned)".

This will also keep you busy as you wait for the VCIX6 exams.

0 Kudos
john1smith
Contributor
Contributor

VCP6 will b easy for you don't worry for VCP6 will be easy for you don't worry

0 Kudos