I've seen this error in my environment and resolved it by rebooting the Guest Introspection appliance.
This is listed in the release notes for 6.1.3:
Cannot remove and re-add a host to a cluster protected by Guest Introspection and third-party security solutions
If you remove a host from a cluster protected by Guest Introspection and third-party security solutions by disconnecting it and then removing it from vCenter Server, you may experience problems if you try to re-add the same host to the same cluster.
I was able to replicate your issue by doing what was described here. You may see some benefit moving the hosts out of the cluster, removing the guest introspection services, adding the hosts back to the cluster, and re-adding the guest introspection service. I went as far as removing the hosts from vCenter, but that is likely not necessary.
Thanks for your answer, this was not an "removal" and then a "add" or the other way around...
This was a "new" implementation.
I even upgraded to 6.1.4 and deployed the Guest Introspection (after I removed it from 6.1.3) again and I still received the same error...
With moving the "host" out of the cluster you mean the ESXi host right? and not the VM (web, db, app) application machines right?
Yes, host refers to ESXi host.
I fixed it with your help!
Thanks for this...
This is what I needed to do in order to get it fixed:
- Remove Guest Introspection
- Shut down all the VM's that where on the ESXi hosts
- Bring the ESXi hosts into maintenance mode
- Drag-and-drop the hosts out of the cluster into the Data Center (level)
- Drag-and-drop the hosts back into the cluster
- Exit the maintenance mode of the ESXi hosts
- Rebooted the ESXi hosts
- clicked "resolve" on the "host preparation" section
- And installed the Guest Introspection back on together with "Data Security"
- Turned back on my VM's that where on the ESXi hosts
And finally I saw this screen :-)
Here is a video of how I solved the problem:
Please can some one help on on the below error i got the same error and tried the solution provided but didn't help