VMware Edu & Cert Community
jronaldo
Contributor
Contributor

VCDX submition question - Try VCDX-DCV, VCDX-NV, VCDX-CMA same date

Hello Everyone,

I have participated as a architect in big service provider VMWare vCloud Air offering which we design NSX, vSphere, and Cloud Automation (vRA and vCloud Director) in a single project.

Am I able to submit the same Design to the 3 VCDX options? Am I able to get the 3 VCDX Defences at the same appointment?

My question is Am I able to participate the 3 VCDX Defence sessions in the same windows if my design have material chance to pass? for example October 20-22, 2015?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

Well if you have all the VCAP's/VCIX then yes you can submit whichever you want but if you are going submit for CMA then you still have to submit a vSphere design due to the obvious reliance of vRA on vSphere. Personally I would recommend DCV first although it does depend which you are doing much more and which you see the most benefit aiming for. For you project did you do the design for all of the components? As you have to be the architect of the designs to submit them for VCDX and from my expereince that is normally done by three different people.

As for the same date no I dont think they allow it as far as I am aware and if you are a VCDX already you dont have to defend or do the scenarios for subsequent submissions so I would recommend that route.

Gregg

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
0 Kudos
jronaldo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

Here in Brazil is a little bit different. I am the only resource in the company who has the skill to design the Service Provider project.
And the project has 3 steps and does not deploy everything at the same time.

0 Kudos