IntegraRoger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vFabric Automation Workflows

I am working in an environment with the following components:

• vSphere 5.5
  • vCenter 5.5
  • vCloud Application Director 6.0.1

I am attempting to automate (as part of a deployment) the patching of a system image using existing WSUS infrastructure (internal).  I have managed to find modules in PowerShell that will get the update list, download, install then reboot the system automatically. (YAY!)

As part of the command set, I can have the script NOT reboot automatically, but check a condition to see if a reboot is necessary. I can also check to see if there are any more required updates and set a condition if I am complete.

Here's where I run into a small snag...  Is there a way to execute the same workflow step again if a specific condition is not met?

Any suggestions?

Roger

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IntegraRoger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

As part of this and the various attempts I have made within the environment (GPOs, AD etc), I have discerned that I need to be able to run these scripts in an elevated shell.  While this may seem somewhat innocuous, I have not found a way to do so programmatically within the PowerShell scripts I have developed.  Is there a way within the configurations in vFabric AppDirector to do this?

Roger

0 Kudos