VMware Communities
quiettime
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Workstation 10: VMware Workstation is unable to provide all of the graphics features

I'm using VMWare Workstation 10.0.7 build-2844087 on a Windows 7 x64 host.

Recently I was trying to restore an Ubuntu VM snapshot and I encountered this message:

VMware Workstation is unable to provide all of the graphics features expected by this VM. The graphics hardware, graphics drivers, or version of VMware software might have changed since this VM was booted. The VM will continue running but some graphics operations might behave unpredictably until the VM is shut down.

Select one of the following options:

Cancel - Do not restore the VM.

Continue - Attempt to restore the VM despite the graphics feature incompatibility. This might lead to problems such as screen corruption or a VM failure.

The problem is nothing has changed. I was able to resume the snapshot several times but each time I wasn't able to interact with the VM.

I noticed at the time I was also running a guest Windows 7 x64 VM. I then suspended this VM just because I couldn't think of anything else to do. And when I did I was able to resume the Ubuntu snapshot without that warning message and then I could use it properly.

I don't know what happened, does anyone know? One guest shouldn't affect another, right?

0 Kudos
0 Replies