VMware Cloud Community
spride
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRA 6.2: Changing provisioning storage size

We have a bunch of different blueprints for use by different business groups.  All of them are basically the same as far as the template used, initial storage size, etc.  Today I was going to provision a VM with a different disk size, so I went into a particular blueprint, selected the "Storage" tab and clicked the Edit icon to change the size from the initial 8GB to 20GB, but it was greyed-out (it did allow me to change the storage type, though).  I went into another blueprint and it would allow me change the size.  I then went through all of the blueprints and most would not allow me to change the initial size to provision, but some would.  I've gone over all the blueprints, reservations, etc., and cannot see any property or check mark anywhere that would turn this feature on or off, so I'm stumped at the moment.  Anyone have an idea how this feature is turned on/off?  Thanks.

Here is a screen shot of how it looks for the blueprints that DO allow me to change the initial storage size when provisioning:

allow.png

... and here is one for a blueprint that does NOT allow me to change the initial storage size when provisioning:

not_allow.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoJoGabor
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Are all blueprints provisioning from a VM tempalte? Is this governed by the size of the disk on the template?

Or, have there been machines provisioned from the Blueprints you cant change already. Remember the blueprint is also a management container so maybe you cant change from there and need to create a new blueprint?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ABTDCENG
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Im having the same issue. did you ever figure this out?  if so i would love to know how.

thanks

0 Kudos
JoJoGabor
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Are all blueprints provisioning from a VM tempalte? Is this governed by the size of the disk on the template?

Or, have there been machines provisioned from the Blueprints you cant change already. Remember the blueprint is also a management container so maybe you cant change from there and need to create a new blueprint?

0 Kudos
spride
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks.  That was indeed the issue I had.

0 Kudos