VMware Communities
irfansyd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to create VM's using VMWare Workstation 11 (Testing)

Hello People,

I have installed VMWare Workstation on my Windows 10 machine and trying to create few VM's for testing purpose. I have done this before on Windows 7 machine and haven't faced any problems but this time as soon as I give the file location to deploy an OS it comes up with some fatal errors such as BLK_CACHE IOERR error though I have enough space on the HDD, and doesn't proceed any further. So my doubt is whether workstation has any compatible issues with Windows 10 or there is something else that be the cause of this issue. Any help or comments would be appreciated on this topic.

Thanks !.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
irfansyd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply, Noel

I was going through discussions in the community with similar topics and found that VMWare had released workstation pro 12 which supports Windows 10 fully. I personally installed it on my physical machine and it works. Below is the link for the release notes of Workstation 12.

VMware Workstation 12 Pro Release Notes

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NoelC1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This won't help you with your problem, but I'm curious:

If you're expecting to use your computer for serious work - and it sounds like you are - why would you choose to adopt Windows 10 for your host system OS right when it's first released?

-Noel

0 Kudos
irfansyd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Noel,

Well I chose Windows 10 as host OS because I am currently working as a desktop guy & my company has a plan to deploy Windows 10 on all systems in near future. So I decided to install Windows 10 on my testing PC and started to work with it to see what all it has to offer.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
NoelC1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for your candor, irfansyd.

I face a similar situation, though we have NOT made a decision on whether / when to upgrade to Win 10.  I can't honestly justify running it so far in anything but virtual machines.  I put Win 10 on hardware once and we tested for a little while that way, but we ultimately had too many problems - without any compelling upsides - and so dropped back to Win 7 on that system.

Trouble is, Win 10 is too much of a moving target for it to be a stable, reasonable business OS.

-Noel

0 Kudos
irfansyd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply, Noel

I was going through discussions in the community with similar topics and found that VMWare had released workstation pro 12 which supports Windows 10 fully. I personally installed it on my physical machine and it works. Below is the link for the release notes of Workstation 12.

VMware Workstation 12 Pro Release Notes

0 Kudos