VMware Cloud Community
Michael_ZA
Contributor
Contributor

SRM DR LUNs are visible to the host but others not

Hi

I have configured SRM with recoverpoint to handle VM failover and its working perfectly, my worry is that the LUNs that are presented to the DR host are visible to the host while others are not.The LUNs that are not visible become visible only during DR or SRM failover without my intervention, I would like to keep it this way to avoid "mistakes" of mounting the DR LUNs. Is there something I am missing in this setup to make sure the LUNs do not appear when scanned but only appear during SRM failover operations?

Kindly need your help

Regards

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I'm not sure I understand correctly, but I think you are concerned that the replicated LUNs might get detected by the DR site host during a normal rescan or reboot.

This should not happen. During a failover, or a failover test, SRM issues a command to the storage layer to present the replicated LUNs (or snapshots of the replicated LUNs) to the DR site hosts. And after a cleanup or failback the storage is unpresented. So during normal operations these LUNs are not available to the DR site hosts so won't be accidentally mounted.

0 Kudos
Michael_ZA
Contributor
Contributor

Hi p_hall

Yes you are right I am concerned that the replicated LUNs might get detected by the DR site host during a normal rescan or reboot. These LUNs shouldnt be visible to the host unless DR failover but for some reason when I click on "add storage" on vmware the most DR LUNs are visible but some are not.

Regards

0 Kudos