VMware Cloud Community
srodenburg
Expert
Expert

vROPS 6.0.2 - Exclude 1 Alert from 1 VM

Hello,

I need to exclude one very specific alert from 1 VM. Everything else must stay completely intact (so not exclude the entire VM or stuff like that) but just this one specific alert "guest disk space alert" needs to be ignored on 1 specific VM.

So far, i have no clue as to how to achieve this :smileyconfused:

Kind regards,

Steve

0 Kudos
2 Replies
srodenburg
Expert
Expert

Anyone ?

0 Kudos
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I don't think there's a simple solution for this.  You can probably exclude the one VM using a custom symptom definition.  Create a property symptom definition that is just informational and excludes the 1 VM by name or some other property:

pastedImage_0.png

Then you can add this symptom to the one alert definition you want it excluded from.  Rather than modifying the default alert definition, I would clone it and disable the default alert in your policy.  If you modify the default alert it could be reset during an upgrade.

Another option might be to create a custom group for this 1 VM and apply a separate policy to that group that inherits settings from your current policy, but disables the one alert.  I don't know if this will work since the VM could be in other groups where the default policy is applied and the alert still enabled.

0 Kudos