VMware Cloud Community
Bryan_Erwin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRealize Operations 6 Appliance - "Service Unavailable!"

I'm running vRealize Operation Manager Appliance 6.0.2.2777062. When I try to hit the URL or the Admin URL I get an error indicating "Service Unavailable!", Error 503. Picture attached. I'm able to SSH into the appliance and login to stop and start services but that doesn't seem to help. Any ideas? At this point I'm unable to access vRealize Operations. Additionally, the integration I had previously configured and successfully tested with vSphere is not longer showing up and an option to jump into vRealize Operations Manager. The entire thing seems to be dead-in-the-water. Has anyone seen this issue? Thanks

vRealizeOperationsManagerError.GIF

0 Kudos
5 Replies
grhohertz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Brian,

Have you tried a 'graceful' restart via the admin UI https://10.0.242.28/admin

Screen Shot 2015-08-19 at 4.46.39 PM.png

Gregory Hohertz

Product Evangelist

http://bluemedora.com

0 Kudos
Bryan_Erwin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm unable to connect via URL. I can only SSH into the appliance command line console.

0 Kudos
FrodeGarnes
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Did you find a solution for this issue, we just found our own vRealize Operations suite to produce the same error.

0 Kudos
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I had this problem a few weeks ago on version 6.0.1.  I had to add disk space to the data nodes and restart all nodes/appliances in the cluster.  Check available disk space if you haven't already by running "df -h".  In my experience when it runs out of disk space you can still access the admin UI, so I can't say for sure if disk space had anything to do with it.  Possibly just restarting the appliances would have fixed it.

Ideally you want to make sure the cluster is offline in the admin UI before restarting any appliances, but if you can't login to the admin UI I'm not sure how to do this.  I believe the service named "vmware-casa" controls this.  Restarting vmware-casa might bring the admin UI back up (in my case it didn't).

0 Kudos
JahnsTek
Contributor
Contributor

I ran into this same issue (version 6.0.1). Running the df -h command showed that one of the partitions was 97% full.

Found this article: Add Data Disk Space to a vRealize Operations Manager vApp Node

Shutdown the appliance, expanded the drive, powered on the appliance, confirmed all partitions had plenty of free space (df -h). However, still would see the "Service unavailable" message.

Logged into the admin web interface (https://appliancename/admin/) and noticed the cluster was offline and clicked "Bring Online." It even had a note below the button that the cluster was offline due to lack of free disk space.

After about 20 minutes of waiting, the cluster still did not come online. The node appeared to be stuck at "Waiting for analytics."

Found this article: VMware KB: Cluster Status is stuck at Going Online in VMware vRealize Operations Manager 6.0.x

I followed the five steps "To restart the VMware Cluster and Slice Administration service" and within a few minutes the cluster status showed "Online" and about 10 minutes later started seeing Horizon View stats start populating in my dashboards.

Hope this helps someone else out.

Thanks,

Justin

0 Kudos