VMware Cloud Community
dgwhite
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vROPS permissions issue

I have a permissions issue with some custom resources added with the REST API. These resources and metrics are added with a local vROPS account. I can use the metrics as this local user. I created some dashboards and shared them to my users via an AD group I have defined. At first, I gave this group the read-only role. When I log in as an AD user, I get an error when I try and open a dashboard where these metrics are displayed:

8-19-2015 3-06-32 PM.png

I have searched for "LDU information" but I don't see anything relevant. These issues persist even when the AD users have admin role assigned to them. Does anyone have any ideas or should I open a support case.

I am using vROPS version 6.0.2.2777062

Thanks,

Dan

2 Replies
grhohertz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dan,

When using the REST API with an LDAP account, you'll need to qualify the user with the LDAP Import Source.

So instead of "user@domain", you would use "user@domain@importsource", where importsource is the name of the "Source Display Name" found in Administration->LDAP Import Sources

Hope this helps!

Gregory Hohertz

Product Evangelist

http://bluemedora.com

dgwhite
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Gregory,

That was my issue. You cannot use pass-thru from your vCenter servers to access the REST data. If I login with my domain UPN, it works great.

Thanks again,

Dan

0 Kudos