VMware Horizon Community
Seth9
Contributor
Contributor

HTML5 Support for Linux VDI

Having demoed the Linux capability to my existing user base and people are thrilled to have a Linux desktop as I have many users who prefer Linux over Windows.  Currently the primary method of accessing VDI is via a web browser over HTML5.  Is there is time line for when HTML5 will be fully supported for Linux VDI?

On a side note, I was able to access Linux VDI using HTML5 although it didn't support full screen mode.  After I upgraded the "Horizon View HTML Access" software to the latest version now I get "Your Horizon Agent is out of date, please contact your system administrator".  Is there something that I can do (other than reverting my Horizon View HTML Access version) to at least get HTML5 access working again?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Seth9,

Thanks for your feedback. What you see about "Your Horizon Agent is out of date, please contact your system administrator" is a known issue for Horizon for Linux 6.1.1, so far, there is no workaround on it. HTML Access support is on our roadmap and it will be supported later, but I can not commit any timeline here.

0 Kudos