VMware Horizon Community
arnoldmoreno
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon View Client for Linux, exiting the client

Howdy,

I have built a Linux desktop with the VMware Horizon View Client for Linux and am successfully able to auto-launch the client and connect to a View session.

I am using a non-persistent desktop pool.

My problem is that I would like to re-launch the view client to auto-connect back to the desktop pool once a user has logged off from the View session; i.e. giving them another VM in the pool.

When the user logs off of their current session they are taken back to the Pool selection window and stays there.  Is there a way to re-connect or relaunch a new View session form this client after the user has logged off?

Thanks,

Arnold

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Arnold,

First, I try to understand you question correctly, you are asking that whenever a client is logged off, it will be immediately into another session? Just try to understand this better, may I ask what is your user case?

William

0 Kudos
Gaurav_Baghla
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hey Arnold,

Allow multiple sessions per user ???????/ is his something that you are looking for

VMware View 5.0 Documentation Center

Regards Gaurav Baghla Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. https://twitter.com/garry_14
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Arnold,

Would you please help to clarify your question here? Do you want the client to reconnect automatically or you have trouble to connect to new VM with the client? Thanks.

Yanzhao/

0 Kudos
Lindsayl
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Just try to understand your question. You would like to reconnect to any vm of the pool which you logoff last time. If yes, you could enable setting "Autoconnect to this Desktop". It belongs to the "Settings" of the target pool in the view client.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Arnold,

Is your issue fixed or not?

Yanzhao Zhang/

0 Kudos