0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2015 10:03 AM by tgbennett

Host Profile check script. Help with retrieving values

tgbennett Novice

Hi,

i am trying to write a script that verifies the configuration of a cluster (replacing manual peer review) and am having problems with getting values from the host profile. Examples of some of the values I want to retrieve are:

Date and Time Configuration > Time Settings > Configure a fixed NTP Configuration

Service Configuration > TSM-SSH > Service

Advanced Configuration option > UserVars.SuppressShellWarning

Advanced Configuration option > Syslog.global.logHost

Advanced Configuration option > Syslog.global.defaultRotate (or *.rotate)

Storage Configuration > Native Multi-Pathing (NMP) > Storage Array Type Plugin (SATP) Configuration > SATP default PSP configuration > VMW_SATP_ALUA > PSP Name

Storage Configuration > Native Multi-Pathing (NMP) > Storage Array Type Plugin (SATP) Configuration > SATP default PSP configuration > VMW_SATP_SVC > PSP Name

Storage Configuration > Native Multi-Pathing (NMP) > Storage Array Type Plugin (SATP) Configuration > SATP default PSP configuration > VMW_SATP_EVA > PSP Name

Network Configuration > NetStack > defaultTcpipStack > DNS Configuration > DNS Settings > List of IPv4 addresses of the DNS Servers

I don't want to set the values at this point just get them.

These are just a few. I'm sure If i could get help on figuring out how to access the values I could figure out the rest. Any help or guidance is appreciated.

thanks,

-tim