VMware Communities
ddoimo
Contributor
Contributor

How can I use two virtual machines at the same time?

Hi, I want to work with two or more virtual machines at the same time.

Is it possible? How can I do this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

yes, running multiple VMs at the same time is possible and also very common. All you need are sufficient resources, like memory and CPU.

André

0 Kudos
ddoimo
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have a text talking about this? Thank you.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

What kind of "text" are you looking for? You can find the official documentation at VMware Workstation Documentation.

André

0 Kudos
ddoimo
Contributor
Contributor

I would like a guide, explaining how to do. I looked for in the official documentation, but I could not find.

Thanks. Debora

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

There are certainly several guides available, but the documentation actually covers all aspects.

In order to run multiple guests, simply create the VM's and install a guest OS, then power them on. That's it. Couldn't be easier, could it?

André

0 Kudos
ddoimo
Contributor
Contributor

Seems too easy, but I can't see a bottom: "Use vms simultaneously". I have 3 vms, and if I'm using one, to start another, it's necessary suspend or power off the first one. Did you understand me? I would like to change the machine more easily.

Thanks. Debora.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

... it's necessary suspend or power off the first one

Can you please let me know the reason for this? Do you receive any warnings or error messages when you try to power on a second VM?

Which VMware Workstation version do you use, and what are the host's specs (OS, CPU, Memory)?

André

0 Kudos
ddoimo
Contributor
Contributor

Today I finally execute simultaneously. What did I do? I clicked with the right button and pressed the button "Open in New Window." And solved the case.

Thank you.

Débora

0 Kudos