VMware Cloud Community
Gooose
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vSwitchUSB0 with attached port group IMM_Network0 - How Can I remove it

Morning,

We run ESXi 5.1 U1 on IBM hosts and I would like to know as to whether it's possible to remove the vSwitch called USB0 which has an attached port group of IMM_Network0

So I suppose I have two questions:

Question1: Is it possible to remove the vSwitch and Port Group?

Question2: If it is possible then is it okay to do it?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Renmo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The question is, are you using it ?

This is not the default switch, so noone can answer you

but you can go to the networking from home , click on the vswitch and navigate to the virtual machines tab, are there any VMs connected to it ? what are the uplinks ? what's the vlans configured?

answering these questions would help you know if you can delete it or not

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. Taj Aljundi Solution Architect | VMware vExpert 2014-2015 Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tajaljundi
0 Kudos
mouyaq
Contributor
Contributor

‌Yes, you can remove it, but  you must disable it from AAM because if not it will appears again.

0 Kudos
Renmo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In fact it's an issue with IBM servers as mouyaq mentioned, i believe the below kb would help you out

IBM Why does my VMware ESXi 5.x host have standard virtual switch vSwitchUSB0 with VMkernel port gro...

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. Taj Aljundi Solution Architect | VMware vExpert 2014-2015 Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tajaljundi
0 Kudos
JamesRytter
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for but could you tell me what AAM is in VMWare?  I too need to disable this as our new DELL EMC is complaining that a duplicate IP is on this IBM host.

Sorry for the 5 year gap since you wrote this!

0 Kudos