VMware Cloud Community
phatmike128
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't export dashboard - "configuration not completed yet".

I've created a dashboard that I want to share but I can't seem to get it out of the "in progress" state with the hourglass icon next to it. I've never seen this happen before. I'm using a new instance of vROps 6.0.2. The dashboard was initially imported from another vROPS instance and then completely rebuilt and saved. I've rebooted the appliance (1 self contained instance) and it still seems stuck. Any ideas on how to get it out of this stuck state?

2015-07-13_11-34-05.png

Ideally I would like to change the owner of the dashboard too, so I can edit it under another account, but I can't work out how to do this either. My googling led me in circles with looking at scripts like dbcli, ops-cli.sh etc, but there isn't really any proper documentation about changing Dashboard ownership.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
phatmike128
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok so I solved this one. I'll put the error text here too so it may help people who come across the problem and decide to google it. "Operation not allowed. Selected dashboard configuration is not completed yet."

One of the panels in my dashboard was a list of all Alerts showing for all Virtual Machines in a group. In the top of the panel where the pen "edit" icon should have been, there was an hourglass icon. I removed the whole panel (deciding it wasn't necessary for the dashboard) and then saved the dashboard, and am now able to export and manage other functions of the dashboard correctly. It might have been a hangover from importing the dashboard from a different vROPS environment.

I still have the question about changing dashboard ownership though. It seems a bit of an oversight to require one person use the admin account to create all dashboards when working in a team environment, and tying dashboards to current users becomes an issue if a person leaves the support team. I hear vROPS 6.1 is close to dropping, so hopefully this function is a part of it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
phatmike128
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok so I solved this one. I'll put the error text here too so it may help people who come across the problem and decide to google it. "Operation not allowed. Selected dashboard configuration is not completed yet."

One of the panels in my dashboard was a list of all Alerts showing for all Virtual Machines in a group. In the top of the panel where the pen "edit" icon should have been, there was an hourglass icon. I removed the whole panel (deciding it wasn't necessary for the dashboard) and then saved the dashboard, and am now able to export and manage other functions of the dashboard correctly. It might have been a hangover from importing the dashboard from a different vROPS environment.

I still have the question about changing dashboard ownership though. It seems a bit of an oversight to require one person use the admin account to create all dashboards when working in a team environment, and tying dashboards to current users becomes an issue if a person leaves the support team. I hear vROPS 6.1 is close to dropping, so hopefully this function is a part of it.

0 Kudos
kpelt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am seeing this same issue when exporting a custom dashboard to a customer but removing the "panel" widget is not an option as it is happening on multiple widgets that provide basically the whole dashboard.

0 Kudos
phatmike128
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

‌‌Seems like some sort of import bug. I couldn't find a way around it other than removing the panel and re-adding so you might have to rebuild it all or log a support call. I might mention this thread to our account manager so they can get it listed in a bug report. Then again 6.1 probably isn't that far off so it may be fixed in that.

0 Kudos