VMware Cloud Community
maxthackeray
Contributor
Contributor

SQL server not seen

I'm trying to install Config Manager in our environment, and it is not seeing our current SQL Server.  All I get is validation failed, check log when I manually type in the server FQDN or IP address.  When I do the advanced install (as a possible solution in a different thread) I get the error that SQL Server with Business Intelligence is not a supported version.  We are using the same SQL server as a back end to our Ops MGR installation.  Its my understanding that the BI add in is just an additional feature to SQL Server.  In the documentation it only talks about using a standard or enterprise install of SQL Server.  I'm getting the same error when trying to run version 5.7 and 5.8.

Any help would be appreciated.  Even the install log location would be nice so I could have a little more information as to whats going on.

Background:  SQL Server is MSSQL 2012 and is running other DBs related to our datacenter.  Standard version with Business Intelligence add in

Target server:  Server2k8r2, patched with all other pre-reqs installed (i.e. IIS, etc....)

0 Kudos
0 Replies