VMware Cloud Community
soviatt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Evaluation of ESXi 6.0.0 does not run web client

Is that even possible? I downloaded 6.0.0 earlier today and I cannot access the web client at all. I just get 404 errors in all browsers on multiple client machines (Windows 7). A new version was apparently released today (7-7-15) marked 6.0.0b. I tried to download that but keep getting denied - I'm not authorized. I'll tell you what I am though, and that is EXTREMELY frustrated with these ridiculous web site antics.When I register for the new version I am still presented with the download for the old. I don't have time in my life for this nonsense. Hyper-V might be looking good about now....

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gcsc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You need a vCenter installed to use the web client

web client can connect to the vCenter only

vSphere client can connect to the vCenter or the host

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

standalone esxi host can only be managed by vSphere Client directly. There is no option for web client.

All you got to do is, Open a web browser on your windows workstation machine, type https://<esxi host IP>

it will bring welcome page, you will see a link to download vSphere Client there, download it and run the setup to install it.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
soviatt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you very much. I was tired and losing my mind. How do I apply a license then? According to documentation that is done with the (non-existant?) web client!

0 Kudos
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

login into esxi host using vSphere Client

select your host in inventory panel -> Configuration -> Licensed Features -> Edit

this is the place from where can apply license using vSphere Client.

As you are evaluating, 60 days validity is there anyway.

Web client is only available with vCenter server, that is also available to evaluate if you are interested, go with vCenter Virtual Appliance.

Take a look at following documentation link, there you have installation, management and other important guides available.

VMware vSphere Documentation

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
gcsc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You need a vCenter installed to use the web client

web client can connect to the vCenter only

vSphere client can connect to the vCenter or the host

0 Kudos
soviatt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

10-4. I understand now. Thank you.

0 Kudos
danijuntak
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

just add your host to vCenter and access your IP address of your vCenter.

-Dani

0 Kudos