VMware Cloud Community
WintelBuc
Contributor
Contributor

Presentation vCenter Web Client

I have a workflow presentation that works perfectly in the Orchestrator client but I am struggling to get it to work in the Web Client

I am using the Predefined list of elements to run an action that uses a input parameter defined in a previous step.   (If the user selects Prod in step 1, then the action returns a list of portgroups of a pre-determined DVSwitch)

The action runs correctly and returns with the correct array of items to choose from in the Orchestrator Java client.

However, when running from the vSphere Web Client I just get the inventory view of my entire vCenter.
b Client

How can I make the vSphere Web Client work in the way that the Java client works?

3 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Which versions/builds of vRO and vSphere Web Client do you use?

I'm pretty sure that this functionality works in 6.x and newer (tested it locally in my dev environment with an action returning a list of datacenters).

If not a problem, could you send me a copy of your workflow/action to take a look?

0 Kudos
WintelBuc
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the help,

Using vSphere 6 and VRO 6

Here is my action.

if (enviroment = "Prod") {

return prodDistributedSwitch.portgroup

} else {

return nonProdDistributedSwitch.portgroup

}

This is the Presentation Properties.

#enviroment is a input variable that is presented in a previous step.
Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It seems there is a typo on the first line of your action's scripting code. Please change = to ==  (assignment vs comparison)