VMware Horizon Community
virtualdylan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to select host for Pool, can only select Cluster

Hello,

I'm trying to evaluate View and am going through the Evaluators Guide.  When I am setting up the Resource Settings under the vCenter Settings part of the Linked Clone Pool, where I am supposed to be able to select a Host or Cluster, I only have the option to select my cluster (not an individual host).  The problem with this is that not all of the hosts in my cluster have access to the SAN that I'm using for this evaluation, so I wanted to be able to isolate the pool to a single host.  Is there some kind of trick to getting the hosts to show up individually?  The hosts are ESXi 5.5, and vCenter is vCenter Standard 5.5

Thanks

Dylan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

You may only select the cluster. "Host or cluster" refers to the fact that if you have a standalone host that is not in a cluster, you may use it - so you'd have to move the host you want to use out as a standalone host or into its own cluster.

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

You may only select the cluster. "Host or cluster" refers to the fact that if you have a standalone host that is not in a cluster, you may use it - so you'd have to move the host you want to use out as a standalone host or into its own cluster.

Mike

0 Kudos
virtualdylan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok, thanks.  I ended up moving it to its own cluster.

0 Kudos