VMware Communities
vmhines
Contributor
Contributor

VmWare Workstation Crash siqc-2.0.dll

I have VMware workstation version 11.1.0.58002 installed on a host machine running Windows7 Pro 64 bit.  The virtual machine is a Windows 2000 machine that was created with Acronis and Workstation stand-alone converter.  The host machine has two physical NIC's on a single Intel NIC card.  The virtual NIC's are bridged to the physical NICS and have IP addresses assigned on the virtual, I did not assign IP's to the ports on the host machine.  I have been experiencing random reboots/BSOD events on the host machine that have generated dump files, but without a clear idea of the problem.  I changed settings of the host machine to not automatically restart and on the last event received an application error event ID 1000, the faulting application is VMware.exe.  The faulting module path is siqc-2.0.dll.  From some reading it appears this may be a network issue with VMware.  If I run this machine without any network cables attached the problem never occurs.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what me be causing this or have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
yanw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi, vmhines:

What's the size of the dmp file ?  If possible, Would you please upload your dmp file and other related log files? thanks

0 Kudos
vmhines
Contributor
Contributor

Attached is the dump file from the base machine prior to changing the setting to not "automatically restart".  Also attached is the recent log file from the VM folder.  Thank you for looking and any suggestions are welcome.  We are going to try setting static IP addresses on the host machine to see if that makes a difference.

0 Kudos