VMware Communities
N74jrw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

WinPE 5.0 Drivers for MDT/WDS

Hi,

I am trying to use VMware Workstation 11 to create a master image for distribution by MDT 2013/WDS. I've added the VMware drivers to the deployment share and configured it to inject drivers by the detected platform, "VMware Virtual Platform." Each time I try to capture an image, it takes forever... Forever, I mean days, until the process times out and fails. I added the VMware Tools to the VM, and set the NIC to bridged mode. This time, the capture wizard takes an additionally long time to complete. When it reboots into Windows PE, I get an error message.

File: \Windows\System32\drivers\pvscsi.sys

Info: The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors.

Surely, I cannot be the first person who has tried to use Workstation 11 as a tool to create master images for MDT 2013. How can I fix this driver issue? I'll try disabling the driver in MDT, but that kind of defeats the point of having them there in the first place. I am trying to create an image of Windows 7 Professional x64.

Thanks in advance.

Jason

0 Kudos
2 Replies
souperstar
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the exact same issue, except I'm using Workstation 10.  Did you ever get it resolved?

0 Kudos
N74jrw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I just disabled that particular driver in MDT. Having the VMware drivers is nice, but not 100% essential, in my experience. I've made MDT'ing into and from VMs work without the drivers and the VMware tools.