VMware Horizon Community
jtchurch925
Contributor
Contributor

Thin Client to Zero Client roaming, View 6 Agent, The connection to the remote computer has been closed due to a new connection request

The connection to the remote computer has been closed due to a new connection request.

This is the VMware View Client error message on the thin client, once the session has been roamed to the zero client. The actual transfer of session information seems to work, that is, the virtual desktop pops up on the zero client without issue. What is left on the thin client though, is an error prompt from the View Client running on the embedded OS (XP w/ View 4.6 Client). The VM is Win 7 x64 with the View 6 Agent. We also use Imprivata for our SSO and badge/tap-in management.

Interestingly, roaming from thin client to thin client works fine and produces no errors -and of course zero to zero produces no errors

It does not seem to matter if the roam happens while the session is still active on the thin client, or if it has been disconnected/locked first, it will still produce an error in the VMware View Client once a roam to a zero client takes place.

I had hoped to do a search for this error and find that it is common with documented solutions -but apparently I am one of the lucky few that have run into this.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

This is to be expected if you "steal" the session from a new client.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
jtchurch925
Contributor
Contributor

Does this mean there is a transfer 'handshake' that is not happening on one side or the other? Has anyone seen this behavior before?

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

No, it works as expected.

Its not an error-message, just a notification that the session have been disconnected.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
jtchurch925
Contributor
Contributor

Well, the notification is a problem at any rate.

When badging back into the thin client, instead of having View automatically pass through the credentials to the connection server and reconnect them with their session... they see that notification.

0 Kudos
Gian63
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

sorry for rising up this old post but I've the same issue and, in my opinion, this is a security issue because someone can easly gain access to the machine from the unused workstation just double clicking the terminal icon behind the banner.

Is there a way to have the connection disconnected instead of closed in case of roaming?

TIA

Gianfranco

0 Kudos
jharvs19
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Does anyone have a fix for this? Any idea how to close the session and not show the error message.

0 Kudos