VMware Horizon Community
PLGeneva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The connection to the remote computer ended- view 6 - Windows 8.1

Hello, we are trying to make View 6.0.1 with windows 8.1 desktop for our users.

We have some issues you may help with as the support did't find the solution yet (has been 2 weeks).

Here are the facts:

01.png

Users may have an error message when they connect to the pool - 1 try after about 10sec : the connection to the remote computer ended

second try     --> the display protocol for this desktop is currently not available

02.png

try 3 --> may have a desktop on the desired pool or routed to the DR pool

we have this message in the event viewer of the connection server:

unable to lauch from pool XXX for user XXX: there were no machine available that reported protocol [PCOIP] as ready

03.JPG

there is about 45 VDI desktop available in the pool

events in the view administrator : the pending session on machine XXX for user XXX has expired

we can have this problem in the morning or during the day, sometime user are also disconected while they are working.

the configuration:

View 6

1 connection server(6.0.1) by sites running win2012R2 + all patches

esxi 5.5

we are using linked clones with PCOIP and refresh after logoff

desktop are windows 8.1 with all patches

we are connecting the VDI from a Wyse or from horizon client installed in a windows 7 desktop, we have the problem on the both configuration.

support already checks all logs everywhere, we also created a fresh simple master to be sure that the problem is not master related, we don't have the solution yet.

I hope somebody knows something about this problem or any ideas about new paths to check, I have read all tickets about that and it's most of the time network related, I have checked all firewalls also (network problem would be for all users, not for random part of them).

We don't have security gateway.

Thank you for your advice.

Regards.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
glennvelsol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you saying you don't use a security server or you don't use the "PCoIP Secure Gateway"?

0 Kudos
PLGeneva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, thank's for your reply, I don't use any of them.

0 Kudos
glennvelsol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is this all internal connections only or do you NAT to allow outside access? On your connection server, which settings are you using? Secure Tunnel, Blast? I was running into problems with the same error of "display protocal not available" when I wasn't using the PCoIP Secure Gateway.

0 Kudos
PLGeneva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

These are internal connections only.

I will add a print screen about the connection server config tomorrow.

I cannot understand why it's working from time to time and suddenly going crazy.

thank you again for your help.

0 Kudos
PLGeneva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi there

none of them is checked.

04.JPG

0 Kudos
PLGeneva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We are using direct client connection to VDI desktop in fact.

0 Kudos
PLGeneva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Nobody?

0 Kudos
glennvelsol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I don't have any expierence with the direct connection. I use all three of those check boxes and once they were configured properly... i never received that pcoip not available error again. Is there a reason you're using the direct connect connection?

0 Kudos
Steinb3rg
Contributor
Contributor

What are the specs of your connection server, Ram and CPU ?

Can you attach agent, client logs from an affected user, and Broker logs?

0 Kudos
falcs2k1
Contributor
Contributor

Confirm that your root image does not have a Microsoft Loopback adapter in addition to your regular network adapter.  We recently installed a version of Autodesk that for some reason added that loopback adapter.  We could not use PCoIP until that was removed from device manager on the VMs.

pastedImage_0.png

EDIT:  Also, confirm the windows firewall (or any firewall) is not blocking UDP traffic on port 4172

0 Kudos
afzuigkap
Contributor
Contributor

I experienced similar behavior with F-secure running on the VDI-desktops. Maybe a virus scanner is the culprit for you as well?

0 Kudos