VMware Cloud Community
acpzehetal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vsphere 5.5 U2 Hp customized ends in PSOD on bl460c gen9

We are upgrading  several Vmware Cluster with new Hardware. We are using Hp Proliant Bl460c Gen9 blades as new Server Hardware. Up to the current state we have tried each Server at least 4 times and every the QHM 2650 Mezzanine Card is in the blades we get the PSOD.

In the following we have upgrade all Firmware to the state of 06/2015. Afterwards we were able to install Vsphere 6.0 but not 5.5 U2 with the HP customized ISO-Image.

We get a PSOD like in the attached Image:

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jamesarmstrong1
Contributor
Contributor

Have seen this issue a few times, with the custom vendor spec image

This issue is normally caused by a firmware driver miss match on our hardware list you need to use the correct firmware on the nic cards to the driver outlined, some firmware updates are not compatible with the driver in use I would recommend reviewing the card with the compatibility list roll back the firmware to what is on the compatibly list and use correct drivers for the version of esxi your on, please discuss with your hardware vendor on rolling back to the supported configuration,     

VMware Compatibility Guide: I/O Device Search

link to our HCL

If you are unable to resolve the issue please open a support request where an engineer can work with you on the matter

hope this helps.

Excellence as a service!
0 Kudos
SAGBEBA
Contributor
Contributor

We have exactly the same Probleme!

Since more than a week we try to install our HP Proliant Bl460c gen9 with Vsphere 5.5 U2 isos, but we get the same PSOD.

Does anyone have any idea?

0 Kudos
Alistar
Expert
Expert

Hi guys,

this seems to be related to Qlogic Controller (qla2 in the last messages in crash stack). Did you update your device's firmware with the latest HP SPP 2015.04.0 ? If that does not help you could try loading ESXi 5.5 Update 1 .for example and then try updating it to Update 2.

Stop by my blog if you'd like 🙂 I dabble in vSphere troubleshooting, PowerCLI scripting and NetApp storage - and I share my journeys at http://vmxp.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos