VMware Cloud Community
Shaun_S
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Multiple Guest queries possible with LI?

Hello!

Recently we have locked in to a License Agreement with Oracle which bound us to have Guests running on particular ESXi Hosts. For auditing reasons we deployed LI and I am able to discover the Guests vMotions, but I am only able to search on an individual Guest, not say a swath of Guests. They have about 100 Guests bound with Affinity rules and for me pull the records for each Guest makes a bad time. What I'd like to do is be able to put in a string of Guests with Migrate in the Text Filter, but so far I have been unable to find any information on this. I've reached out to our TAM and she said she would do some research for me, but i thought I'd try the communities to see if this something someone already has discussed but was unable to find anything in the Discussions about this.

My question is -- Is it possible to pull a query for multiple Guests at once for a particular filter rather than just one Guest at a time?

We are using LI 2.5 GA.

Thank you for your time!

-Shaun

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

No problem, enter <guest1> and hit tab then repeat. If you have no values entered it should tell you how to input them -- see attachments. I hope this helps!

Hope this helps! === If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". ===

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hey Shaun,

Absolutely! Just add more guests into the value Smiley Happy I assume you have a filter for something like: hostname contains <guest>. All you need to do is add the other hosts so: hostname contains <guest1> <guest2> <guest3>. I hope this helps!

Hope this helps! === If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". ===
0 Kudos
Shaun_S
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How would I define the multiple Guest in the Search? I'm new to this just today, so please forgive my ignorance on this. In the Search field, I've tried comma's, parenthesis's, &, spaces and | with no luck..

0 Kudos
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

No problem, enter <guest1> and hit tab then repeat. If you have no values entered it should tell you how to input them -- see attachments. I hope this helps!

Shaun_S
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Suddenly the fog lifts!

Thank you very much Steve!

-Shaun

0 Kudos