VMware Cloud Community
chrmar06
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Failed to create snapshots of replica devices error message

Greetings,

I'm currently trying to test my recover plans for all of my protection groups and I'm getting the following error message:

Failed to create snapshots of replica devices. ( I include a screen shot of the error) Per the message, the cause is Storage Port not Found, Either the Storage port information provided in NFS list is incorrect else Verify the "isIP4" option in ontap_config file matches the ipaddress in NFS Field.  Any suggestion? Thanks for any feedback as always!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chrmar06
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

OK after doing some reading on the NetApp KB portal, the issue was related to a Firewall Policy applied to the LIF configured for NFS Traffic. After I change the firewall policy from Management to Data, I was able to test my recover plan. So vervoort jurgen was in the right track however the issue was on the storage level.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vervoortjurgen
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

hello

you sure all your ports are open between your sites? sounds like firewall/network problem

kind regards Vervoort Jurgen VCP6-DCV, VCP-cloud http://www.vdssystems.be
chrmar06
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We don't block any ports for traffic generated  from the inside or between sites.

0 Kudos
chrmar06
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

OK after doing some reading on the NetApp KB portal, the issue was related to a Firewall Policy applied to the LIF configured for NFS Traffic. After I change the firewall policy from Management to Data, I was able to test my recover plan. So vervoort jurgen was in the right track however the issue was on the storage level.