VMware Horizon Community
GTRDRIVER
Contributor
Contributor

For Test Propose - how to install vmware Horizion View Agent Direct Connection without Connection Server

Hello

I want to do a Quick test with VMWARE View - only Direct Connection.

There is a Article based on 5.x wich show a Installation for Agent only (no Connection Server: Using View Agent Direct-Connection in VMware Horizon View 5.3 | VMware End-User Computing Blog - VMw...

But with View Agent 6.1  i allways get asked for a Connection Server IP so im not able to install Agent and then direct Connection Plugin for Agent.

Can anyone help me or show me a way to do installation.

Best Regards

GTR

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlexeyKhudyakov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

On that OS did you install the View Agent? I believe it was Windows Server 2008/2012.

You should try to install the agent on a VM with Windows 7/8

0 Kudos
GTRDRIVER
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

hmm - is there no way to use vmware View on Server 2008 or server 2012 only with Direct Connect Plugin ?

Here i have REquest for a small Windows 2012R2 WTS with VMWARE View without domain, AD and so on ...

I thought its possible to use agent and plugin standallone !?

Best Regards

Axel

0 Kudos
williambishop
Expert
Expert

Not that I'm aware of....Will watch to see if someone knows of a way however!

--"Non Temetis Messor."
0 Kudos
GTRDRIVER
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

But what propose does the direct Connection plugin have ?

When is use Connection Server i dont need this plugin or do i understand anything wrong ?

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Did you try to install with the parameter "Skip broker registration"?

Something like this: VMware-viewagent-x86_64-y.y.y-xxxxxx.exe /v "VDM_SKIP_BROKER_REGISTRATION=1"

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

View Agent Direct Connection (VADC) is for situations where there is no Connection Server. If you have a Horizon View deployment with Connection Servers, you usually do not need VADC.  See My VADC Blog

Mark

0 Kudos
Nickmy2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, can you guide me with how use this command or show me a picture of that;

i have the same problem;

Really thank you

0 Kudos