VMware Cloud Community
selvarajj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Opening Vcenter 6.0 with Virgo Server shows VCenter Servers/DataCenters/Host as empty?

Hi All,

I recently configured VCenter 6.0 server. Then to connect with that vcenter 6.0, i configured my development machine as it told in SDK docs.

After starting "Virgo Server", i opened my vcenter 6.0 server in my browser as follows,

"https://localhost:9443/vsphere-client/"..

It login successfully but it shows VCenter Servers,DataCenters and Host as empty.

I dont know whether i am missing any other configuration. Can somebody help me pls?

Note:

I added my vcenter 6.0 domain name in "hosts" file which is in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It might be something to do with username/password you are using to login in web client.

are you using SSO admin account, administrator@vsphere.local to login. That's the account who has full permission on your VC inventory.

Note: in vCenter 6, to open web client

you can use following URL

https://vc_host_name/vsphere-client

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
selvarajj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for your attention to my post..

And I am using  administrator @vsphere.local credentials only.. When I login with my vcentre ip instead of localhost, then it's working fine.. And page opens with vcentre 6.0's new look and feel..

But when login using localhost,  it's opening with vcentre 5.5 look and feel.. Because,  I installed vsphere 5.5 Web client in my development machine

Don't know what I am missing still...

Awaiting for your reply..

0 Kudos
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I think that's where the issue is, vSphere web client 5.5 wouldn't talk to vCenter 6.

it has it's own updated version of web client 6, which is installed along with vCenter 6 deployment.

0 Kudos
selvarajj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

But in vsphere 6.0 release notes,  it mentioned that, vcentre 6.0 is compatible with vcentre 5.5 also..And they provided steps to access vcentre 6.0 from vcentre 5.5 in Setup.html in sdk.. I followed those steps..

And as you say,  vsphere Web client is installed with vcentre 6.0 server. But in order to install vsphere 6.0, I need windows server. I already installed that into my windows server machine.. Now I want to access that from my development machine via Web client..

That Web client only problem now. Is there any way to install vsphere Web client 6.0 in my development machine..?

0 Kudos
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

you are misinterpreting support things mentioned in Release notes, check following screenshots I have generated from VMware Product Interoperability Matrixes

Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 12.00.29 am.pngScreen Shot 2015-06-04 at 12.01.09 am.png

We can manage vSphere web client 6 to manage Vcenter 6/5.5 as in the first screenshot but using Web Client 5.5 you cannot manage vCenter 6.

Now let's say you are trying to use your virgo server to connect to Web Client, is that a specific requirement that virgo server is going to need web client locally installed, and it cannot be remote. as you mentioned, your VC 6 is already fully deployed on one of the windows host (I go with assumption that you have done Embedded deployment of vCenter 6, which is Platform Services Controller + vCenter Management Node together, in this case that host itself is having your web client deployed. Unfortunately we cannot deploy Web Client 6 separately like we were able to do it in previous versions of vCenter. So if your virgo server is going to need web client to be present in local host only, I would say deploy that SDK on the same machine where your VC is deployed.

Note: If your SDK guide lines are telling you something specifically to follow in order to make it work, I wouldn't know about it. is that step by step document available to refer online somewhere, or attach is with your next post please.

selvarajj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for your effort..

But In vcenter 6.0 sdk mentioned that, vcenter 5.5 plugin can connect to vcenter 6.0 also. See the below picture..

Capture.PNG

If you see this, "Plugin + SDK 5.5" can compatible with vwc 6.0.

Now I will come to your option itself.. Let me configure my Eclipse in my VCenter Server machine itself. But when i configure my Eclipse Virgo in my Server machine, I got some issue. I couldn't create my Virgo Server.

virgo.PNG

This image is taken from SDK Setup of Vcenter 6.0. Here they mentioned Vsphere Web Client path. But I couldn't find path like this in my server machine.

All I have is following path only..

web client path.png

And if i give this path, I am getting error as "No Virgo Runtime found".

Now can you please tell me the path to configure my Virgo Server in my Server machine.?

Since VSphere Web Client 6.0 folder is structure is entirely different from VCenter 5.5..

0 Kudos
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Let me clarify for everyone because this is a Web Client SDK question, not a vSphere Upgrade & Install issue.

The picture in question explains that a Web Client plugin built with SDK 5.1 or SDK 5.5. is compatible with vCenter 6.0 but of course you need to run that plugin inside vSphere Web Client 6.0.  An older Web Client cannot connect to vCenter 6.0 as the first table shows.

For plugin development please go through the steps of SDK-Setup.html carefully, it should work with your existing 6.0 setup.  If you are having problems please post in the Web Client SDK forum with a detailed description. Thanks.

0 Kudos
selvarajj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes. Thanks for your information Lauren. I again gone through that Setup document and configured my Eclipse and changed just few lines of code in Flex as it mentioned in Release document.

But now the problem i am facing is, not able to deploy my Flex UI Project in my Virgo Server. I build my Java and Flex Projects, then exported those jars and wars file and deployed directly in my VCenter 6.0 server, It worked fine. But I am unable to deploy in my development machine Virgo Server. Can you help me out pls?

Note: This projects worked fine with Vsphere 5.5.

I am getting following Error,

2015-06-11 19:27:26.160] [INFO ] TCP Connection(11)-127.0.0.1  <DE0004I> Starting bundle 'test-provider' version '0.0.0'.
    [2015-06-11 19:27:26.160] [INFO ] start-signalling-1        <DE0005I> Started bundle 'test-provider' version '0.0.0'.

[2015-06-11 19:27:26.957] [INFO ] TCP Connection(11)-127.0.0.1  <DE0000I> Installing bundle 'com.mycompany.testui.testui' version '1.0.0'.

[2015-06-11 19:27:27.051] [INFO ] TCP Connection(11)-127.0.0.1  <ME0003I> Dump 'C:\ProgramData\vmware\vSphere Web Client\serviceability\dump\2015-06-11-19-27-051' generated

[2015-06-11 19:27:27.066] [ERROR] TCP Connection(11)-127.0.0.1  <DE0002E> Installation of bundle 'com.mycompany.testui.testui' version '1.0.0' failed. org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.osgi.framework.UnableToSatisfyBundleDependenciesException: Unable to satisfy dependencies of bundle 'com.mycompany.testui.testui' at version '1.0.0': Cannot resolve: com.mycompany.testui.testui

Resolver report:
   An Import-Package could not be resolved. Resolver error data <Import-Package: com.mycompany.testprovider; version="0.0.0">. Caused by missing constraint in bundle <com.mycompany.testui.testui_1.0.0>
     constraint: <Import-Package: com.mycompany.testprovider; version="0.0.0">

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.stage.resolve.internal.QuasiResolveStage.process(QuasiResolveStage.java:46)
   at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.internal.StandardPipeline.doProcessGraph(StandardPipeline.java:62)
   at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.internal.CompensatingPipeline.doProcessGraph(CompensatingPipeline.java:73)
   at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.stage.AbstractPipelineStage.process(AbstractPipelineStage.java:41)
   at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.internal.StandardPipeline.doProcessGraph(StandardPipeline.java:62)
   at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.stage.AbstractPipelineStage.process(AbstractPipelineStage.java:41)
   at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.driveInstallPipeline(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:359)
   at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.doInstall(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:185)
   at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.install(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:140)
   at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.deploy(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:253)
   at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.management.StandardDeployer.deploy(StandardDeployer.java:52)
   at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor99.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
   at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.invoke(MethodUtil.java:75)
   at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor65.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
   at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(MethodUtil.java:279)
0 Kudos
gkhare
Contributor
Contributor

Did you get answer to your question. i am facing the same issue in setting up development environment with vCenter Server 6.5 and vsphere web client.

0 Kudos