VMware Edu & Cert Community
HSC738
Contributor
Contributor

CCNA requirement for VCP-NV

Hi,

I'm Preparing for VCP-NV but my CCNA has expired. Do I need to re-certify before I sit the exam or can do VCP-NV exam first then do the  CCNA exam.

Then I can ask vmware to verify the CCNA credentials to issue my VCP-NV.

vcp-nv

4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I'm not sure if you can get the "authorisation" for the exam for VCP-NV without meeting the pre-requisites (such as your CCNA) - this page suggests that the Certification team would tie up your CCNA against your VMware ID so they can validate your exam authorisation: Cisco Cetriication Verification Request

Drop an email to the team if you want clarification - certification@vmware.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
HSC738
Contributor
Contributor

I requested a authorization online and was told to book the exam. So I'm a bit confused now

The exam is authorised and scheduled for end of this month, so I think i will just go for the exam and then send vmware my ccna certification afterwards.

what do you think ??

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Well as you wil need to email the team anyway, why not do it now?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Receiving authorization does not mean that you have met the certification requirements, nor does it mean that you will be certified if you pass the exam. It's just a way to make sure the two systems are synced and your results get processed accordingly. You can fulfill the certification requirements (in this case, pass the exam and provide proof of a valid CCNA) in whatever order you like, but you're not certified until they're all met. Hope that helps.

~~~ Follow me at www.twitter.com/JillLiles1