1 person found this helpful
Correct. You have to provide an user and password to connect to MSSQL instance.
Thanks for your help, Is it hqadmin password or SQL DBO password
SQL DBO password
Hi at all,
i'm trying to configure sql monitoring, but i can't collect metrics, can someone explain me how to configure it ?
and the type of permissions for admin user ?
Thx at all
Most of that parameters are auto-discovered by MSSQL plugin.
- Service_Name - MSSQL Windows Service Name
- User/Password - credentials for connection to MSSQL instance
- SqlServer_Name - Server name
- Instance_Name - Default/Named instance of MSSQL
- MSSQL-Cluster-Name - Cluster Name
- Cluster-Nodes - List of cluster's nodes
Make sure that you're using relevant credentials for connection to DB (not to OS).
i'm using builtin\administrator account of Windows, this account have the possibility to login to SQL (management studio - windows authentication).
I need to create a specific user in SQL, with administrator grant for the instance ?
Another question maybe you can help me, SQL Plugin (Hyperic Server) need to resolve sql_server dns name, and viceversa, for the correct communication ?
Thx for your help
i solve the problem with your info.