VMware Cloud Community
lukeglazebrook
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vMA fairly urgent, would appreciate your help VCAP is tomorrow.

Hi All,

I Would be eternally grateful if anyone had any advice on this problem.  I have installed and configured a new instance of the vMA, added it on the domain, added target servers however I don't seem to be able to run anything against hosts resxtop for example.  It doesn't seem to matter if I run it with local credentials or AD nada! the prompt just bounces back at me.  I know the credentials are correct for everything I have tried, I have confirmed system time, tried both American keyboard/UK, rebooted the box I know DNS is ok and have tried IP's regardless.  Its a long shot but if anyone could take a look at the attached screenshot and let me know if I am doing something silly I would be grateful.  I really want to nail this as its in my VCAP tomorrow, I feel like I know the relevant commands but want to actually test it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CoolRam
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Can you try this sudo mv /usr/lib/vmware-rcli/lib/ /usr/lib/vmware and then fire resxtop .

If you find any answer useful. please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CoolRam
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Can you try this sudo mv /usr/lib/vmware-rcli/lib/ /usr/lib/vmware and then fire resxtop .

If you find any answer useful. please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
lukeglazebrook
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Well that fixed it!!!  What the fluffing hell was that all about, hope I don't have to contend with that sort of rubbish in the actual exam?  How did that sort it mate?  What was wrong is it a known issue/bug or am I a muppet?

0 Kudos
lukeglazebrook
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Also rebooted my VC incidentally but I assume the file move resolved the issue?

0 Kudos
lukeglazebrook
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

And the silly thing insists on x2 "\\" in the authentication grrrr! 

e.g

domain\\user

0 Kudos
homerzzz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

It is a known work around for resxtop. I would hope you will not see this issue in VCAP!

0 Kudos