VMware Cloud Community
SupProf
Contributor
Contributor

vRealize Operations Manager Reports Always Empty

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create reports within OM and continue to run into an issue where the resultant report is always blank. This problem persists even if I go into the "views" tab to create/clone custom instances of the views that I am using, and then apply them to a custom report. It would seem to me that the "Preview Source" I select is never saved in the system. Instead OM always seems to go back to the default of "Sample data" and I continue to output blank reports.

Does anyone have any leads regarding this issue? Thank you for any help that you can offer.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi SupProf,

Can you please export and attach the report and the view, I can have a look. The "Preview Source" would not be saved, you have to select resource from traversal spec then generate report for selected resource. 

0 Kudos
SupProf
Contributor
Contributor

I included the files that you asked for.

Keep in mind that the .xml files will probably look like defaults due to the resource change not being saved. If you need anymore info just drop me a line.

0 Kudos
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi SupProf,

I have generated the Storage report (attached by you) for one of my Clusters and it worked as expected, just remember for generating a report, you have to select an object from traversalspec, object selected during preview will not be saved it is just for preview operation, also you can see this video.

vRealize Operations Player

0 Kudos
Ivaylo_Marinov
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I had the same problem and find out that the number of VMs exceeded the licenses. After stopping some VMs - it is fine.

0 Kudos