VMware Cloud Community
zdickinson
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Create Disk Group As V1

It's a long story, but I would like to create my Disk Groups as v1.  Is there a way to create them as v1?

I was hoping to use the --downgrade-format option, but it says I have in accessible objects.  Even though I removed all disk groups and disabled vSAN and then re-created it all.  There are no v2 objects on the store so it should work but is not.

I'm hoping there is a command line that will let me claim disks as v1 file format.  Thank you, Zach.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zdickinson
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

A host was using the vSAN datastore as its scratch config, resulting in the inaccessible objects.  I moved the scratch config and was able to do the downgrade.  However, it did not fix my issue.  Oh well, back to the drawing board.

FYI, this is not an issue with vSAN; rather an issue with how a third party works with vSAN.  Thank you, Zach.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
zdickinson
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

A host was using the vSAN datastore as its scratch config, resulting in the inaccessible objects.  I moved the scratch config and was able to do the downgrade.  However, it did not fix my issue.  Oh well, back to the drawing board.

FYI, this is not an issue with vSAN; rather an issue with how a third party works with vSAN.  Thank you, Zach.

0 Kudos