VMware Cloud Community
NoFunInBand
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Vague error when trying to install a content pack

I am using Log Insight in a test environment and am unable to install any content packs at all. I'd like to be able to use Log Insight for Automation Center and Application Services, but whenever I try to install them (or any other content pack) from the Marketplace I get these unhelpful errors:

errors.png

I also tried downloading content packs from a browser and importing them but that results in the same error. My account's role is "Super Admin" so I don't think that is the issue.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Two suggestions:

1.) Confirm time sync between *ALL* LI nodes *AND* between the client browser and the LI server -- if time is not in sync, it can lead to this error.

2.) Restart the LI node/cluster and try again

Hope this helps! === If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". ===

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Look in /storage/var/loginsight/runtime.log. It should tell you exactly what is failing. Please post the error here.

Hope this helps! === If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". ===
0 Kudos
NoFunInBand
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply!

The log file is being added to pretty rapidly, so I took several screenshots in the hope that I caught what the error is. Here is every log immediately after I click install on a content pack. (Four images.)

I'm still not exactly sure what it is that is causing the error(s).

0 Kudos
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Two suggestions:

1.) Confirm time sync between *ALL* LI nodes *AND* between the client browser and the LI server -- if time is not in sync, it can lead to this error.

2.) Restart the LI node/cluster and try again

0 Kudos
NoFunInBand
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ack! None of the hosts in the environment were synced to the NTP server. I changed that and now I can install content packs in Log Insight! Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Awesome! Happy to assist Smiley Happy

0 Kudos