VMware Cloud Community
Saeed87
Contributor
Contributor

unable to connect to the MKS: Login ( Username/Password ) incorrect

Hi,

I am using VMware Vsphere client 5.5, and already installed 4 virtual server on HP server.

all servers connected to 2 NIC (0 &1) and management on NIC 0, installation done locally ( direct connection to server ), then NIC 0 connected to customer corporate and assigned IP 10.110.41.21

I am trying to connect to server over corporate using Vsphere client with IP address 10.110.77.124, I am trying to open any virtual system console but in vain with following error message :

unable to connect to the MKS: Login ( Username/Password ) incorrect   

I checked port 902 status and it's ok , please your kind support

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Saeed87
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

Any support please.

0 Kudos
RyanH84
Expert
Expert

Hi,

I've seen issues relating to the KVM before, although I don't remember this one specifically.

Have you restarted the management agents on the host?
Have you tried another administrator login to vSphere/Host to test the credential issue?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Regards, Ryan vExpert, VCP5, VCAP5-DCA, MCITP, VCE-CIAE, NPP4 @vRyanH http://vRyan.co.uk
0 Kudos
CoolRam
Expert
Expert

This Seems your backend storage is not connected to the esxi where you kept your VM(VMDK files).

Can you login in ESXi and check the vmdk file size if its shows 0 then please do check your back end connected storage device.

If you find any answer useful. please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
Well_Oops
Contributor
Contributor

I had this same problem.  My vSphere server (dual nics) on different networks (which were not routing) was the issue.

0 Kudos
morrowind
Contributor
Contributor

Could you give me more details about the situation? I seem to have the same problem. vCenter has 2 NICs, one NIC is connected to clients' network from which I access it; the other NIC is used to connect and manage ESXi host. I can open VM console if I login host from vSphere client, but when I login vCenter from vSphere client, I cannot open VM console, just see the error:

Unable to connect to the MKS: Login (username/password) incorrect.

Look forward to your help, thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
ktemp99
Contributor
Contributor

I had this issue today, and it turned out to be that I had inadvertently erased the host's default gateway.

vSphere into the host, click on the configuration tab, and open DNS and Routing.

Click Properties, and open the Routing tab. Ensure your correct default gateway is set. Mine was blank.

Setting the default gateway here corrected "unable to connect to the MKS: login (username/password) incorrect" issue for me. Hope this helps someone else as well.

0 Kudos