VMware Horizon Community
flatleyld
Contributor
Contributor

App Volumes and Dragon Dictation

I work at a hospital, and some doctors need Dragon to dictate notes.  ThinApp was a failure.  I did get this working with Unidesk, but we own App Volumes so I'd like to use it.  In my testing we can install it, and it runs, but it keeps wanting to run the Audio Setup Wizard every time the user logs in to View (we refresh desktops).  Has anyone out there had a successful deployment of Dragon with App Volumes?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

User settings are not recorded in the appstack. The only reason i can think of is either editing the startup.bat file in the appstack or adding specific settings that are made in registry or ini files to be set using GPO's. Have you tried using a writable volume (with UIA and profile?) for the changes to be recorded? It could be an option to give some users a writable volume for this purpose.

0 Kudos
flatleyld
Contributor
Contributor

I've enabled writable volumes or the user profile but not the UIA.  I'll try that way and report back.

0 Kudos
Scott_Welt
Contributor
Contributor

We have Dragon installed on our base VDI image and hope to use VMware's newly acquired user environment manager Imodio.  I believe it should be available shortly if its not already.  Were there any special considerations or configurations required to install it using App Volumes?  We are just now setting up App Volumes for a POC at our hospital.

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Immidio is a profile management system, sort of like AppSense Personalisation. It only records information that would normally be written into the roaming profile but instead records it when using an application (roughly though, not an expert on Immidio).

My thoughts will be that Immido will not be sold as a stand alone product but either be integrated into the writable volume option of AppVolumes. My guess would be that it is rather easy to install Dragon into an appstack (just the base application), the trick will be how to set license information (single user licensed, isn't it?) and user configuration. This part i guess could be handled by Immidio but as said, my bet would be on Appvolumes Writable volumes Profile option.

0 Kudos