VMware Horizon Community
Maartenz
Contributor
Contributor

Control-Alt-Delete screen appears - not being bypassed after logging on

Good day,

Within our company we use VMware View for our VDI (Windows 7 Enterprise). An issue we currently have with this enviroment is that when a user logs on to Windows, he recieves the "Control-Alt-Delete" screen. When the user is pressing "Control-Alt-Delete", Windows will start loading the profile, without having the user to enter his Windows credentials. So in this scenario, the "Control-Alt-Delete" screen is completely pointless, as the user fills in his credentials on the Zero Client or within the VMware View client, which are being passed to Windows succesfully.

We have no idea where to look at to fix this annoying issue. Colleagues who also deployed VDI have no issues: the user logs on and Windows will 'bypass' the "Control-Alt-Delete" screen. This is the way I'd like to set it up too. I have also checked the group policies, but none of them have any settings that might affect the "Control-Alt-Delete" welcome screen.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I would be curious to know, if after logging in. Have the user disconnect and reconnect, to see if it performs SSO normally. You can edit the session time for SSO under Global Settings.

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
0 Kudos
Maartenz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi WarrenM01,

Thank you for your reply. If you disconnect and reconnect, you will be presented with the Windows Lock Screen. So you need to hit "Control-Alt-Delete" again. After doing that, Windows is logged back on again, without entering any password. SSO works, but it's still strange that you need to press "Control-Alt-Delete" first before Windows will log you on/resumes your session.

0 Kudos
hboyer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Maartenz

Did you find a solution for this issue?

0 Kudos
dwigz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I haven't tested this yet, so if it ends up working please let me know.  There is a Local Security Policy Setting, you may be able to control it via Group Policy, that enables the last logged on user to be displayed.  See if that is enabled and if so, disable it and see if the issue persists.  Not sure that fixes it but worth a shot. 

Navigate to Local policies -> Security settings,"Interactive Logon: Hide last user..." and set it to activated, reboot the machine

0 Kudos
hboyer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi dwigz,

Thank you for the suggestion but that did not resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
dwigz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I found this link that might be helpful.  Beyond GPO, there are a couple other things you can stab at.  Good luck!

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=102939...

0 Kudos