VMware Edu & Cert Community
VM_JOf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCA-DCV Passer - VCP5.5 Certification Track

Hello Guys,

I passed my VCA-DCV (VMware5.5 Path) last March 2015, and been seeing a lot of new Exams in vSphere 6.0 are being published and released.

I'm focusing in vSphere 5.5 and wondering if still worth it to continue my plan certification track for VCP5-DCV since vSphere 6.x (VCA6-DCV / VCAP6-DCV are released?

Thanks for your opinion in advance!

-VM_JOf

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If I were you, I'd go for VCP6-DCV - you'll need to take a vSphere 6 class and will find these in plentiful supply already - by the time you are ready the final exams (2V0-620 and 2V0-621) should be released.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It is better to go for VCP6. The VCP5 exams will be retired (Or already retired). If you attend the latest one you'll be updated both with the technology and the certification track.

But make sure you fulfill the course requirements.

VCP6-DCV Certification

The exam is in beta right now and will be available as full version in a month or so i think.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

VM_JOf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Abhilashhb, The thing is I recently bought a Books (Mastering vSphere 5.5 & VMware Press VCP5-DCV) just for this.

I will wait for Scott88's feedback on this matter. For now, I will continue focusing on this until no such news on the retirement of VCP5 Certification Track.

-VM_JOf

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If I were you, I'd go for VCP6-DCV - you'll need to take a vSphere 6 class and will find these in plentiful supply already - by the time you are ready the final exams (2V0-620 and 2V0-621) should be released.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
VM_JOf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Scott28tt, But is it worth it still to have this Book I bought (Mastering vSphere 5.5 & VMware VCP5-DCV for reference right? and Focusing to the new Technology instead?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Those books will help you, where there is overlap between vSphere 5 and vSphere 6.