VMware Edu & Cert Community
shafir
Contributor
Contributor

Can any one guide me in this. I would like to start my certifications in VM Ware. Especially in cloud. I saw there is an exam for the new starters .(VCA). it is enough or should I go for any other Training in MCSA (Server).

Can any one guide me in this. I would like to start my certifications in VM Ware. Especially in cloud. I saw there is an exam for the new starters .(VCA). it is enough or should I go for any other Training in MCSA (Server).

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kenzii
Contributor
Contributor

VCA is to make sure that you have a understanding of the general concepts before you go to do a full VCP course.

I have taken the VCA datacenter and it was very much a case of: What product does what?

You wouldnt get a job on merit of having a VCA where as you would with the VCP.

shafir
Contributor
Contributor

Forsure I will do my VCP as well. I have no enough experience in Microsoft Server platform. Just I know some basics. before start my VM Ware certification training do i need to prepare some Microsoft Exams(MCSA) to get some ideas.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

In order to be successful in virtualisation and cloud, I would say you need to start with a grounding in infrastructure (servers, networking, storage) as well as operating systems and applications.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos