VMware Edu & Cert Community
djjerwood
Contributor
Contributor

VCA-DCV Certification Version and Test Exam

Please could someone confirm the latest version of the VCA-DCV exam? Am I correct in thinking it is 5.1?

Also I have been using Vmware for a number of years but have never completed any training/exams. I have just completed the test exam for the VCA-DCV and scored 100%. Do you think this is enough alone to site the real test? Is the test exam a similar level to the real exam?

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As of today the last update to the exam blueprint for VCA-DCV was in January 2014, suggesting it's based on vSphere 5.x - if you've used vSphere for any length of time you should find VCA-DCV fairly straightforward.

The launch of vSphere 6 (and many other new products) has caused updates to be made to the certifications, there is no VCA6-DCV at the moment but there will be soon: VMware Certification

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos