VMware Cloud Community
scogen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Web client can't authenticate?

I've been having problems with vRealize Operations Manager.  I was working with support yesterday and we determined the quickest route to get things working was to rip out my 6.0 install and come in fresh with 6.0.1. We went through the steps, everything was fine, and I left for the day.

I don't know if that's related in any way, but since last night, I'm completely unable to log in with vCenter web client.  It either says "The vSphere Web Client cannot connect to the vCenter Single Sign On server" or hangs forever at "Authenticating."

I have two vCenters running 5.5 U1a in a multi-site SSO configuration.  They both have the same problem.  Using a vsphere.local account doesn't work either.

vSphere Windows client and Operations Manager are working fine.  Only the web clients are having the problem.

I've restarted services, restarted the server (one of them), and reinstalled the web client on one of them.  Same problem.

One interesting message from the vsphere_client_virgo.log is

[2015-03-20 12:44:47.051] [ERROR] iLogServiceListener@298bbe2b  org.osgi.service.log.LogService

Bundle org.eclipse.equinox.ds_1.4.0.v20120112-1400, [SCR] Unexpected exception occurred!

java.lang.IllegalStateException: BundleContext is no longer valid

I'm waiting for support to get back to me.  Suggestions would be welcome.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
smitmartijn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Have you ever managed to solve this problem? I'm having the same issue..

0 Kudos