VMware Cloud Community
Jscheve
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to access VDP Configuration Manager or FLR from Chrome

I have noticed that I am unable to access both the VDP Configuration Manager or FLR from chrome starting in the last couple weeks.  It looks like the VDP appliance is still using a self-signed certificate signed with the SHA-1 algorithm and I wonder if that is cause.  Has anyone else noticed this?  If so is there a way to reissue the certificate so chrome will accept it?  I have noticed this on both VDP 5.5.8 and 6.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdomanski
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I had a 2 hour call with VMWare support today to fix this problem and another... you need to install a patch on the vDP appliance.

Follow the instructions in this kb. VMware KB: Accessing the vdp-configure or FLR portal page in VMware vSphere Data Protection 5.x and ...

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Jason_Sehlmeyer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have noticed the same thing.  I've had to resort to using IE *GASP* in order to access the VDP appliance pages.

Jason

0 Kudos
rtrmhodgdon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. More of an issue for the FLR as I don't usually install Flash on a server where I'm trying to restore one file.

Is there a way to install a new certificate for the VDP Appliance?

0 Kudos
tcops97
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same for me . Cannot access the config with Chrome and Firefox. Is it possible to generate a new selfsigned certificate ?

0 Kudos
ronnutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have the same problem.  The short term work around is to use Firefox.  I spoke to the VMware engineer who is working with Google to resolve the problem.

As I understand it, a recent change in Chrome broke things.  If you still want to use Chrome, you can go with an older release and then not update until the issue is fixed.

Ron

0 Kudos
zdundore144
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just wanted to update this thread since it appears that the latest update from Firefox also breaks the VDP config page and File Level Recovery.  IE still is working.  Looks like something wrong with Firefox not liking the self-signed certificate.

0 Kudos
Jscheve
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Looks like the latest round of Internet Explorer updates have broken it as well.  Has anyone found a work around for this?

0 Kudos
cdomanski
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I had a 2 hour call with VMWare support today to fix this problem and another... you need to install a patch on the vDP appliance.

Follow the instructions in this kb. VMware KB: Accessing the vdp-configure or FLR portal page in VMware vSphere Data Protection 5.x and ...

LesCrisps
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

- I can confirm that we had this issue with all up to date browsers and this fix worked. Thank you.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
thomsonk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I can confirm that this did work for us.

0 Kudos